It’s Friday and you know what that means, another recipe tried and true from my house. This week is a favorite of my husband. In fact I just made it last night. I love this soup because it will fill you up and since it’s done in the crock pot it’s perfect anytime of the year.
Sausage Potato Soup
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds sweet Italian sausage with casing removed
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 medium onion, diced-optional
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms-optional
- 1 heaping tbsp minced garlic-optional
- 2 ribs of celery, diced-optional
In a fry pan, brown and crumble the sausage. In drippings saute any of the optionals that you are adding. Put everything into the crock pot and stir to mix. Cook on low for at least 6 hours.
Now here’s what’s so great about this recipe. One the optionals add to it but without them it’s still a really good soup. Two, if you want more potatoes you can add more or maybe you want less sausage then you can use less. What’s listed is what is good for us. I should add this will make a very fullcrock pot. It could easily be halved if you wanted to. On another note, this is greatly complimented by Zucchini Bread. Enjoy!