Today for Marriage Monday the topic is Romance. Let me say upfront I cringed when I saw the topic in the email. Why? Well I think romance is so overdone by Hollywood that we forget or feel disappointed because I spouse isn’t more romantic. I mean really, how often does anyone get a candle lit dinner with soft music playing in the background. And what if you don’t like to eat by candle light, than that whole scenario isn’t romantic, is it? When it comes to romance, I think what you find romantic is going to vary depending on your love languages. Not only that but I think romance comes in small and large “packages”. So where does this leave us? Well I can share somethings I know my husband finds romantic and somethings I find romantic but I would encourage you to question your spouse to find out what they find romantic. After all, you aren’t going to bed with my husband or I.
Things I know my husband likes:
- the dressy bedroom stuff (yeah, you know what I mean)
- a clean house-that may sound strange but when my husband can come home to a clean house, it makes for a much less stressful evening after a stressful day
- soft, smooth skin – I tend to let some of this lapse in the winter
As for me:
- a day out without kids- the kids are with me all the time and so a day out is a joy
- the little things- fixing this, doing that- you know
- special gifts-when he gets me things he knows I’ll really like
So there, I’m not sure if that really covers romance. I mean come on whole books have been written on the subject. These are just a few of my thoughts on it.